We are excited for another great season of Big Mountain skiing! In order to keep our athletes and coaches safe throughout the season, we do have some Team Expectations. These were developed to ensure that everyone has a great time and learns skills to help them progress as a Big Mountain skier.
- Must purchase an Epic Pass and some programs require an A-Basin Pass. Discount vouchers provided for A-Basin pass.
- Must be able to ski all terrain with confidence
- Must be able to put on own boots and skis and ski with poles
- Must be able to ski & load/ride the chairlift unaccompanied
- Must be independent; able to conduct oneself appropriately when unaccompanied
- Must be able to participate in a full day of training without parent interaction
- Must be able to communicate with coaching staff in an appropriate manner
- Skis: 1 - 2 pair of all-mountain skis regularly tuned
- Boots: must be properly fit (size/flex) and in excellent working order
- Protection: Helmet (mandatory), back protector (mandatory), mouth (mandatory) for contest athletes
- After registration review the confirmation email for directions to purchase.
- Communicated by Manager through TeamSnap platform
- Athletes 12 & older are NOT supervised for periods of time and may be required to take breaks, eat lunch, to ride and/or load chairs unaccompanied.
- Lunch is not provided. Parents are expected to provide the athlete with a healthy snack & nutritious lunch.
- For Competition Team, must have current Competitor membership if competing nationally, with IFSA.
- Please become familiar with the IFSA handbook, rules and judging.
- Required to attend parent orientation.
- Must actively communicate the needs of athlete including planned absences and injuries to coach.
- Must register for competitions in a timely manner per team communication.
- Must complete Team Agreement (Code of Conduct) for Athletes and Parents
- Must remain actively engaged with Team communication method(s) and check schedule/updates regularly.
- TeamSnap subscription required for Training and Communication, please contact your Team Manager or the Team Administrative office for access.
- Our goal is to ski every calendared Team day. Teams are delayed or canceled on occasion due to weather & operations. Team schedule adjustments will be communicated through TeamSnap as information is readily available.
All athletes are expected to show up every day ready to ski and follow coaches instructions.
**Hiking is not optional and is an important part of the sport. Most competitions require hiking to the start and training for competitions requires hiking.**