Youth Ski Coach
About Team Breckenridge Sports Club
Team Breckenridge Sports Club (TBK) has inspired and encouraged athletes for over 45 years and has seen athletes excel to the highest levels of competition. Our mission is to provide our youth athletes with the positive environment and balanced guidance that fosters self-confidence, embraces goals, and nurtures a lifelong love for the mountains and snow sports. It is our goal to provide a fun and safe environment for athletes to excel, both on and off the mountain.
To mentor and coach participants in Developmental programs in an enthusiastic and effective manner that helps the participants set and achieve goals in advanced skiing technique and to inspire life-long enjoyment in sport. Reports to the Program Director and is responsible for working cooperatively with coworkers and supervisors to coach athletes.
Positions are part-time, beginning December 3 and will continue until March 26. The winter schedule includes 1-2 days per week depending on position, Saturday – Sunday.
$20-$24/hr (18 Years +)
- Free Ski Pass
- Discount Program
- Industry Discounts
$17/hr (Junior Coaches Under 18)
- Free Ski Pass
- Industry Discounts
Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Professionalism: Punctual, reliable and displays proper appearance in accordance with company guidelines. Understands and is knowledgeable of the job skills, duties, protocols, and responsibilities.
- Productivity: Shows initiative to perform high quality work with efficiency, works individually to meet the performance objectives of the team, exhibits a willingness to be versatile and flexible in work duties and assignments. Values athlete progress through the program.
- Service: Takes personal ownership for positive and helpful interactions with both co-workers and membership, strives to meet the goals and objectives of the team’s guest service expectations. Values ski team family retention.
- Safety: Has a proactive approach towards safety of self and others, maintains awareness of order and cleanliness in the workplace and takes action when needed, adheres to and supports safety policies and procedures. Stay current and adhere to company guidelines, policies and procedures including but not limited to: Employee Ski Policy, Safe Sport, Background check and other required trainings.
- Skills: Must enjoy working with children of all ages. Advanced level skiing skills and knowledge as indicated by demonstration to Head/Lead coach.
- Communication: Provide positive feedback on a daily basis to participants and submit written mid-season and year-end evaluations on each participant to the Director of Developmental Programs.
- Team Player: Actively support the policies, procedures, methodologies, and philosophies of the Team Breckenridge Sports Club while employed by Team Breckenridge Sports Club. Attend and positively contribute to required trainings and meetings.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The primary physical environment in which this position works is outdoors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, etc...
- The employee is regularly required to stand for periods up to eight hours at a time in ski boots
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.